So figured I would just keep this going for a while….let me know if useless, I can change it up 🙂
So what’s this little bowl of greenery you ask?
Fresh picked from my very VERY amateur garden
- 2 big leaves/stalks of bok choy
- 1 large handful of tatsoi — most everyone says “spinach variety” about tatsoi, interestingly…as is often the case when you investigate a little further for yourself, not at all related to Spinach as this is from the Brassica family, not the Amaranthaceae family which spinach belongs to. Cool and Nerdy info right? 🙂
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 3 leaves fresh mint
- 2 big handfuls of green lettuce (not from garden)
- Juice of half a lime or lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbl spoons chopped fresh onion
So this is something I watched my grandma do when I was little, and she put this “green concoction” on fresh farmers cheese on top of a piece of bread. (soft and pretty flavorless cheese.. but great for adding things to)
And just like a strange brain does from time to time, I thought of it out of nowhere 🙂
So took the above ingredients and chopped finely and mixed together with the lime juice, garlic and salt. YUM I tell you… make sure it’s a bit on the salty side…. you are making a superfood condiment 🙂
Super foods you ask? Without to much hoopla…
- Tatsoi- Raw tatsoi has been shown to outrank Kale with the most concentrated levels of vitamin C with 103 milligrams of Vitamin C in a 100 gram serving
- Lime juice – the effect lemon/lime juice has on GREENS is something extremely beneficial to us…please think/look into this further. It’s no coincidence that “vinegraitte” used with salad is a lemon juice and fat mixture. There’s is something huge going on here and totally overlooked by conventional wisdom as well as all the “health and food blogs”…I’m simply no smart enough to dip my toes fully into the water…but I’m watching the people that are.
- Sea Salt (good quality)… the oceans effect and balance our central nervous systems plus more…..again something to this. Experiment what potatoes or veggies have the power of becoming, simply by boiling in water with good sea salt (I like this type of brand ..there are many out there. look for “course and unadulterated”)
Anywho, give it whirl with your own spin on it. Any FRESH FRESH greens will do, just ad lime/lemon and salt. Garlic optional for garlic freaks like me 🙂
Lastly, as I listened …really listened to someone speak the other day he Said , ” if you’re an idiot in this life ..guess what, eventually you die . If you’re a really rotten person in this life, you die too. If you’re a really wonderful person in this life , you die…..and if you leave an incredible and world changing legacy in this life, you die :-)…….”
I’ve thinking about that…what does this mean then? Does it mean we have to be good? Party our life away as it don’t matter anwway? Thrive to leave a legacy? Work hard to change the world?
It means none of these things….
What it boils down too is that life is over in a flash, a mere spec of dust in a humongous ray of time that doesn’t exist as time anyway.
SO, the take away is this. ALL we have is this moment… This VERY moment. As such, do your part and appreciate this moment and be in gratitude of it. Perhaps there are some small actions you could do to continue this perfection, if given the opportunity also do this happily and with appreciation and gratitude.
I think I will end it on that note.