Pretty straight forward lunch- Let’s build:
- Saute 1-2 cloves of garlic and 1/4 of a big onion in your choice of fat (you need just a little bit). When translucent-
- Add 1/2 sliced zucchini (large one). Cook with onions and garlic until ready. Don’t turn it to mush, bit it shouldn’t be as crunchy as raw cucumber either. Find the consistency YOU like best. I added 1 medium size pre-cooked chicken sausage to this. Cut in bite size pieces and heat the sausage the last minutes of cooking your dish.
- Make a little bed of fresh baby spinach. Drizzle it with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Arrange your little veggie/protein mixture on top of the salad.
- Top veggie mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley and cilantro
- Dice up 1/4 of an avocado and lay on top of the veggies
- Take a small handful of nuts- crush them and sprinkle on top of the avocado. (I just take a small handful of my mixed Costco nuts and crush them with a meat mallet.)
Voila- Lunch in about 15 minutes from fridge to plate. What do you think? Power lunch or what?
Be Nice-BE HAPPY