web analytics

• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
  • handful of spinach
  • 3  asparagus spears, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon yellow miso paste
  • 1/3 cup of water

Saute the garlic and onion in butter. Add the thinly sliced asparagus and stir. Next add your cleaned shrimp (I deveined them and cut them into pieces). Cook for a minute or two, careful not to over cook the shrimp. While that’s cooking, mix the miso paste with the water in a small dish. When the shrimp is almost cooked, add the salmon and mix. Add the miso liquid, stirring to coat. Add spinach, and cook until it’s wilted, and serve.

Miso imparts such a nice flavor to this dish. Try it sometime and let me know how it comes out.

Does anyone know if Chris McDougall ran the NYC marathon barefoot or in his VFF? Does anyone know his time?

Be nice today….

Tags:

8 Responses to Miso Shrimp with Smoked Salmon, Spinach and Asparagus

1. Shanna on November 9, 2010 at 9:43 am

This is what I found “Chris McDougall will be among a handful of barefooters in Sunday’s marathon. McDougall discovered the ancient Tarahumara Tribe in Mexico, which runs 60 miles at a time in tiny sandals or with nothing on their feet.”

2. Marc on November 9, 2010 at 10:22 am

Shanna,
    I saw lots of “lead up” coverage…but I can’t seem to find anything about the race results.

3. Natalie on November 9, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Hey marc, hit up the NYC ING results search page and didn’t see anything posted for that runner… http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/06278.1.072435474557943015 -maybe you’ll have better luck than I did. My friends finished (they wore shoes, sorry), though I was crushed that Haile didn’t. 🙁

• Marc on November 10, 2010 at 6:03 am

No luck for me either…strange. There was supposed to be some big announcement. Maybe a new book coming out.

Marc

4. Richard on November 17, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Hi Marc,

Do you know if there is a substitute for miso that doesn’t include rice or soy?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Marc on November 19, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Hi Richard,
      I don’t know about a substitute. Are you allergic to soy?
      Since the soy in miso is fermented, I eat without too much worry. Not too often though.

Marc

• Richard on November 22, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Hi Marc,

I’m not allergic, I just try to eat as little as possible. I’d prefer a soy-free alternative, but I doubt I’d really go crazy all out on miso paste, either.

Thanks for the reply.
        Richard

5. […] Feel Good Eating – I could start with a little “gym” rant this morning…but instead let me focus my attention on giving you a simple recipe and hopefully some straight forward instructions to make this dish. 1 pound of shrimp 3 small slices of smoked salmon, ripped/cut into small pieces 2 cloves of garlic, chopped 1 tablespoon onion, chopped handful of spinach 3  asparagus spears, thinly sliced 1 teaspoon yellow miso paste 1/3 cup of water Saute the garlic and onion in butter. Add the thinly sliced asparag… […]